Are you interested in starting your own business or relocating your current one to Downtown GC? If so, our organization has many resources to help you along the way. Feel free to browse through our available programs and resources below and please contact our office at email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Incentives Without Walls
Garden City Downtown Vision, in partnership with the Kansas Department of Commerce, has funds available to businesses located in the core business district for various purposes. These funds are available at 0% to the participating business.
- Applicant must be a member of Downtown Vision in good standing AND located in the designated core business district.
- Must submit a completed application. (available below)
- Applicant will provide a detailed business plan, in addition to the completed application. (Business plan help available here)
- Once the application is submitted, it will go before our Board of Directors for final determination.
- Funds are awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, as funds are available.
- Please contact the office for eligible uses of the funds.
Downtown Second Story Residential Incentive Program
The Downtown Second Story Incentive Program is intended to promote the revitalization and development of second story residential dwelling units for commercial store fronts in the Central Business District. This program is an economic development strategy that will help meet the housing needs as established in the comprehensive plan of the City of Garden City and improve the economic conditions of the Central Business district.
- The City will provide free utility hook-ups for any developed or renovated residential units within the Central Business District.
- $1,000 per unit incentive for every unit developed or renovated where the private investment meets or exceeds a $10,000 per unit value. The maximum amount one (1) owner may receive in a calendar year is $10,000 (10 units).
For more information please contact the Planning & Community Development Department located at 301 N. 8th Street or call 620-276-1170 during business hours Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- An application for Downtown Second Story Residential Incentive Program must be filed within 60 days of issuance of a building permit
- The improvements must conform to the City of Garden City’s Building Code, Comprehensive Land Use Plan, and Zoning Regulations in effect at the time the improvements are made.
- Any property that is delinquent in any tax payment shall not be eligible for any incentive until such time that all taxes and assessments have been paid
Incentives will be paid within 30 days of final inspection and issuance of Certificate of Occupancy.